Friday, June 18, 2010

A day to play

It has been a really busy week, the kids started swim lessons which for us means spending entire days at the pool but I don't think I'm allowed to complain about that.

I'll have to work tonight, tomorrow and most of next week so I was pleasantly surprised when today my plans changed and we found ourselves at home the whole day. I slithered off to the studio and other than a few small interruptions (they require feeding) I was able to start and finish this fun piece.

I hope everyone else was able to carve out a bit of time for themselves as well.

Angie


5 comments:

MisfitGirl said...

How very pretty, I love the findings. Is that transparent clay mixed with a touch of color?

Claire Maunsell said...

Love that 'slithered off to the studio' and the comment about feeding...I get a little desperate at this time of year thinking about the summer stretching ahead, I confess! Then I realized that they are 13 and nearly 11 and I can send them off to the local pool BY themselves this year! This is a step forward..

I love this piece! Off to look at Etsy...

stregata said...

This is lovely. Your clay is just gorgeous, so translucent!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Very beautiful and simple. You do great work. I love it! I have to say although I am completely free in summer now I sure do miss those days of carting kids around. Sometimes....maybe....well occasionally.Tee hee.

barbara said...

I like, I like.Love the colors and the transparancy look of this piece.