Thursday, December 2, 2010

Treating myself to handmade

I wanted to show you my two self indulgent purchases from this past weekend at Winterfair. This was my first time attending the holiday art show in Covington, Kentucky and boy was it a lot to take in.

This little ornament was calling my name, I have a deep love for all things in a style of the Arts & Crafts movement.

Then I came across this little gem at a lampwork bead booth. The time and talent it takes to create glass beads is beyond my comprehension and though I admire them I've never owned a piece. Then in the back of this booth I found beads created around vintage skeleton keys...the heart swooned, a charge card appeared from the wallet and home with me it went. I was sad to see this wasn't a local seller (you know in case I need another one) but she is on Etsy, her shop is beetslive and her pictures do a much better job of showing her beautiful work than I did.

Angie

7 comments:

stregata said...

Both are extremely lovely but I love the key with the lampwork bead!

Dorthe said...

What special things Angie!!
The pearl around the key, is extreamly wonderfull, and so is the ornament--what great buyes, dear.
Hugs, Dorthe

Barbara Jean said...

Lovely finds.

blessings
barbara jean

MisfitGirl said...

I love that first piece! What is the material?

Hopemore Studio said...

Lisa, it's pottery, almost all of his work was made in the old arts and crafts style.

Pretty Things said...

Those. Are. Awesome.

MisfitGirl said...

That is so pretty, I would have sworn it was some type of metal.