Sunday, August 5, 2012

Small Haul

The World's Longest Garage Sale was this weekend.  It runs from Michigan to Alabama along the US 127 Corridor, right through the middle of Kentucky and just minutes from our house...cool right?!.  Well it wasn't at all cool, in fact it was hot and humid, so humid we called it a day before noon.  There were many things I wanted to buy but my mind didn't seem to be in a purchasing mood, I did find two tiny treasures.  A lovingly beat up 1928 copy of Bible Helps, with beautiful illustrations and fonts throughout.  Also, two boxes of 1940-ish dip pen nibs. That is one small haul.




5 comments:

Brenda said...

How cool that it's so close to you!!! I've always read about it and have seen it on shows, but what fun it must be (weather permitting LOL)....

Tina Schiefer said...

I'm coming to visit next year!!! I'll bring the popsicles and handheld, misting fans.... :-)

Pam @ Frippery said...

I love small hauls. I couldn't get into the mood either. Bought some things at the vendors at Saint Timothy's and that was it for the day. Stopped for a salad in Cresent Springs and headed home.

Blessings from Cindy said...

Angie~
Even tho you got a small haul, the items are cool...cooler than the weather apparently! I went to Vintage Marketplace on Saturday which also was my birthday. I was there an hour & got a couple of things. I'm not a hot weather person & had a function to go to in the park too so I melted in the 100 degree temps! Have a great rest of your week!
Blessings,
Cindy

Dorthe said...

One small haul, is better than nothing dear Angie- and I love what you found- whom can concentrate in such a weather- I so wish rain for you to arrive soon.
Hugs,Dorthe