Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big decisions, maybe

Can I be any more indecisive???

Bob and I are seeking out a better school district for the kiddos and wondering if now is the right time to sell our house. With great incentives for buyers it seems like it would be the right thing to do but many of the incentives may expire at the end of April, that has me wondering if this all makes sense. (see what I mean...indecisive)

Our real estate agent came out today to measure rooms and give me an overall impression. I know there is a lot to do and I would have to really focus (hey there is that word again). UGH! She will come back in a week to give us a comparison report to other home sales in the area, my curiosity is peaked. We have been in our house for 7 years and have made some major improvements but the house could still be so much more. Then there are the "issues" like the undisclosed leaky basement when we bought the house and the depressed market.

I start to look at the to-do list and just want to duck under the covers and sleep off the idea. We have so many projects that were started but not finished (kitchen & mudroom), then there are the walls and trim that haven't been painted in 5 years (it is amazing to me how much dirt little fingers leave behind) and finally projects not even started (sump pump for the leaky basement).

I may have to take you all along on this ride, whether we decide to sell or not having the agent here today really opened my eyes to how much we can be doing to fix the house up. It is amazing to me how just 2 kids and 2 busy parents can just let a house go...paint and projects that is what in in store for us.... Lowe's here I come.

Angie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's always the way, when the decision to move is made, the fix ups and improvments that you've been meaning to make all of a sudden get done and then you remember how much you love where you are and don't want to move...

but if your decision lies in a greater need, then it will be an easy one to make...we just went through the same situation four months ago...we're now in our new home and loving it...it was a change we needed to make years ago....and I'm happy we did it....
but it sure was a lot of work moving...the older you get!!!! yikes...


whatever you do, don't rush your decision, and make some heavy pro/con lists....

ciao

Tina Schiefer said...

OH, Angie.

I feel your pain...Literally! I've discovered (or they discovered me?) muscles in my body I never knew existed!!!

Home improvement? It's not for the faint at heart?

Good luck with whatever decision you and your family make. I know it's not an easy one. We've moved several times seeking the perfect place. Everywhere has it's pros and cons. You just need to find HOME.

Change is good and Can't NEVER could! Stay positive and FOCUSED!!! (hey, there's that word again...!)

Hugs!

Barbara Bruder said...

Angie, I know you will make the right decision, even though it might be painful to get it all done, you know, all the things you were mentioning. The move will be a good one all the way around and whatever you and Bob decide to do,it WILL be the right decision.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

A big step, for sure, Angie. I can not even imagine thinking of a move, let alone preparing for one.

You guys will figure out what's right for you. You can't go wrong moving to get your kids into a better school system. We did that very thing 16 years ago when we moved here. We moved literally 10 miles just to change school districts. One of the smartest things we ever did.

Good luck on making your decision.

marie said...

My daughter and son-in-law are going through similar decisions right now. A better school district is such a good reason to move. But the process (including the initial decision) can be pretty overwhelming!

I'm sure whatever your decision is it will be the very best for your family!

JESSICA JANE said...

If you have a history of illness that is difficult to recover, maybe our next article will help you to recover

Cara Menghilangkan Gatal pada Anus
Cara Mengatasi Suara Serak
Cara Mengatasi Vertigo
Obat Tukak Lambung
Cara menghilangkan bisul pada ketiak
Obat Gabagen Alami
Cara menghilangkan jamur pada lidah bayi

Lutfi Kurniawan said...

Thank you,Your article is very inspiring, hopefully useful for many people.

Cara Mengobati Cacar Air Agar Cepat Kering Dan Sembuh Tanpa Bekas
Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Ulu Hati Dan Perut Kembung Yang Terbukti Ampuh
Obat Gatal Pada Kemaluan Yang Terbukti Ampuh Dan Efektif
Cara Menurunkan Kolesterol Tinggi
Cara Mengobati Ambeien

Mahesh Jha said...

Good Post!
Notepad Printing | Promotional Printing
Annual Report Printing in Delhi
Catalogue Printing in Gurgaon
Booklet Printing Services