Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Unloading

It is so therapeutic to unload belongings that go unused and clutter the house. I am avid that as little as possible goes into the trash so instead I donate or sell back as much as I can.

Today I am thankful for the following:

St Vincent De Paul: a wonderful community thrift store where I dropped off a van load of unused 'stuff' today. Sadly several of these items have been in my basement collecting dust since we moved it.

(Did you know that Frank Lloyd Wright often drew his house blueprints without basements? He believed that basements fed into our human desire to keep more than we needed. In my case this is quite true.)
Half Price books because they even take old VHS and LP's.
Art teachers everywhere, especially Mrs. Smart because she seems so pleased to receive the 'stuff' that was cluttering up my work space.

Once Upon a Child second hand store who now has a kids kitchen play set I hadn't been able to part with...

and lastly to the metal recycle guy (who ever you are) who promised to haul away 2 metal doors, an old freezer, and an unused gas dryer one day next week.


Unloading feels SO good!

Angie



5 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh Angie, I wish I had the mood to do just that, ---I realy have so many things I don`t use, but it seems so difficult to part with it ,for me....I`m a terribly collector, and have to take some kind of workshop, to learn getting reed of all my stuff.
Hugs, Dorthe

MisfitGirl said...

LOVE Half Price Books, I have about 4 or 5 boxes I need to lug up there. Normally I just turn around and spend it on new books, but they are just my favorite book store.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Don't you feel lighter? :) Glad you were able to part with your goods in such a wonderful way!
I like that table! That is a cutie. I could do something fab with it. :)
The waterfall vanity is coming along, I should be finished with it in a couple of days.
Hope your week is going well.

gail

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I'm the same way, Angie. I hate throwing anything away that someone somewhere could make us of. I don't always consider myself to be super-green (although I should), but I do recycle and donate and try to make one-trip-do-all, etc. It is a good feeling to rid ourselves of our clutter . . . as hard as it can be sometimes to let go!

I did hear that about FLW. But, OMG!, where would I put all my junk if I had no basement? Not sure not having one would keep me from being a pack rat! LOL

Shari Replogle said...

I have several boxes ready to go to Half Price books myself as one just opened here, but I didn't know they took old vhs tapes too! Hmmm, better make another sweep before I make the trip. Unloading does feel great!
~Shari