Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Potential

Ideas like seeds sprout and grow in their own time, then before you know it you're working on a project that you think has nothing to do with Christmas preparations.

Back in November, while at our scrapbook weekend,  I coerced Debbie into a walk with the intention of picking up bunches of little acorn caps(Isn't she is a good sport!). We collected quite a few and my mind swirled with visions of colorful polymer clay acorns using real caps. Those caps sat in the bag, and sat, and sat.



Now here it is the end of December.  I'm in the middle of shopping, wrapping, cookie baking and such, but the last two evening I have lost myself into figuring out the best way form perfectly imperfect colorful little acorns charms...why now??

Then last night, around 9:30, it dawns on me...I forgot all about teacher gifts (today was the last day of school before break).  I made a batch of acorns in school colors and added them to some chain to make necklaces...done!


Cheers!!
Angie

9 comments:

Blessings from Cindy said...

Angie~ These are adorable & what timing!! I've gotta get creative right now for a gift to a friend that is ultra talented! I'm headed to my sewing machine right now!! Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Cindy

sugar Creek said...

So cute!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Adorable Angie!

Tina Schiefer said...

Angie! I SO want to call you RIGHT NOW!!!

We are on the SAME dang ACORN PAGE!!!

stregata said...

These are just wonderful! Wishing you a happy Holiday Season!

Dorthe said...

Dear Angie, how sweet and wonderful, they are- they makes beautiful pendants for necklaces.
Angie, I wish you a merry and beautiful holiday-and the best and most happy new 2012.
Hugs and love, Dorthe

Anonymous said...

So cute! Have a Merry Christmas!

Brenda said...

What a cute and clever idea!!!

Amanda R said...

Those are just adorable and I can see so many uses for them. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!