Monday, October 8, 2012

Few and Far Between

Posting has been few and far between, I do mean to make it a priority.

These are pictures from two weekends ago, a trip to A&M Farms to continue our apple picking tradition.  It was disappointing that an early frost meant there was only one variety to pick. Luckily Robert loves Golden Delicious.



 


This past week Bob & I built a wood rack to try and deal with all the firewood piled up along the fence from the Ash trees cut down in the spring.  The backyard has a steep slope, so it has taken a few designs to come up with a workable option. Our solution, to build a rack that steps up the slope with cinder block and 4x4's.  At 16 feet long by 6 feet high you'd think we would have made a dent in that pile but alas I need to build another...or I have to figure out how to sell firewood.

I'm also in the middle of  Kelly Rae Roberts Flying Lessons online course.  It is chock full of things to ponder (and do) to make a creative business fly.  Reading the comments in the forums I saw a book suggestion for The Renaissance Soul by Margaret Lobenstine.  I found it at the library and was so intrigued by the introduction it became a must read...more on that later.

Angie

3 comments:

Blessings from Cindy said...

Angie~
You have such a beautiful family! Love the pics! Golden Delicious is my fav apple!
Blessings,
Cindy

Dorthe said...

Hi Angie,
what a sweet photo of you all-
Isen`t it seldom to have had frost already? Here it is very cold -but no frost yet! Your course, sounds great,dear- have fun and enjoy-I hope to see what you do!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Laurel said...

What a lovely time with your lovely family! And thanks for mentioning that book - it's on my Amazon wishlist now!