Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shabby Brooches

Finally putting those tutorials to good use. While puttering around the studio waiting for the glitter on the Christmas cards to dry I almost finished these two brooches, just need to attach pins to the back then they're all done.

Does anyone use brooches anymore?? I love them on my scarves in the winter months but other than I'm not sure.

Very therapeutic just sitting down with a thread and needle, it has quite a long time since I've done that.

Things here are moving along... packages are shipped, Christmas cards are addressed and stamped, not sure if they will make to their destinations before the big day but at least they are on their way. Last night we had a bit of a hiccup in the household...a broken dishwasher..ugh.. I guess it is never a good time to be without one of those. Can you say paper plates and plastic flatware?? I can, at least until after the holidays!

Angie

6 comments:

Jean W said...

Angie - love the fabric touches to the brooches, they're wonderful! They are great on scarves, and for those in business - great for lapels. They jaz up the staid business suit. I used to use them for fun touches when I work suits everyday. I'd hope other professional women would do the same. Great work! Merry Christmas.

stregata said...

The brooches are adorable. I feel your pain about the dishwasher - I never want to be without one again...

Jen Crossley said...

Wow they look amazing Angie

Barbara said...

Angie, these are so nice. I used to wear pins and brooches all the time, then I retired. I still wear them when I wear a blazer.

Blessings from Cindy said...

Angie,
I was just popping in to wish you a Merry Christmas! Thank you for being a follower of my blog & being a friend in the land of blogs! You bring me joy!
Blessings,
Cindy

Barbara said...

I love these! I made some similar for Christmas gifts along with some simple beaded necklaces that they can be attached to for a different look!