Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happiness is...blog friends

Happiness is:
a surprise 40th birthday gift all the way from Oregon! Dear Tina (ie. PatinaMarie) gifted me Kristen Robinson's New book Tales of Adornment, a book full of resin techniques. I'm already brimming with new ideas to try!!

Thank You Tina!!

Happiness is:
A day at the Burlington Antique Fair. Met up, for the first time, with Pam of Frippery. Pam was so fun to shop with, a gal on a mission...she has a booth to fill and an upcoming show to participate in. I just hung back and watched her in action. I, on the other hand, didn't have anything in particular I was looking for and with my house on the market I am trying to be very cautious about bringing to much stuff into the house. Apparently having that mentality means you will find more than ever before that you want to bring home.

All little trinkets and altered art supplies...steel numbered tacks, rusty hardware, milk caps and bottle tops:
Apparently I'm collecting crocheted pieces and glass medicinal bottles. The metal cone was an impulse buy, thought maybe I could use it to form mussie tussies:
Silk prize ribbons and an entire bingo game with a mix of markers:
Vintage paper! A bridge tablet, an old phone book with fantastic advertisements, a book of Danish fairy tales and a notebook with lined paper:
This is by far my favorite purchase...life insurance policy certificates from the 1870's. Two of the certificates are so large I couldn't photograph them. They are so ornate I'm tempted to simply frame them:
Hope everyone else had a bountiful weekend too,
Angie

4 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

I think I should have got my lazy bones out of bed and joined you. Boy you hit the jackpot!!! Hope to see you later this week.

Tina Schiefer said...

Oh, Angie, thanks for the shout-out! You are SO welcome. I knew if anyone would appreciate Kristen's fabulous new book, you would!!! I don't make jewelry (Kristen always follows that comment with "yet") but I love the "tales". The jewelry is just an added bonus...hee hee...

As for your finds..well, gosh, girl, you Scored!!!! Congrats!

Dorthe said...

OH -you did great, Angie-- so many gorgeus finds, love the bingo cards, and yes the certificates are fantastic- congratulations on all this goodies.
Hugs,Dorthe

Pam @ Frippery said...

I will have to check that book out. The insurance policies are amazing! Where was I when you found those tacks? They are awesome too. I had a wonderful time meeting and shopping with you. Hope we do it many more times in the future. Hugs, Pam