Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hope Floats

Still have transfers on the brain...today I added a bit of stitching.   

image transfer on fabric, old buttons & hand embroidery

As I worked on the piece my mind went back to the first needlepoint kit my mom gave me.  It was an owl in a tree, on color coded adia cloth and it was almost all straight stitching.  I also remember it came out a little wonky but mom framed it and hung it in my room anyway.  As I got older I moved into printed cross stitch, then counted cross stitch.  I rarely do free style hand embroidery, but today I found the book of embroidery stitches in the van.  It has been there for months, buried under papers. I think maybe it's time to make up a cute sampler.  Have you ever seen the ones done by Teresa McFayden? In my dreams I could do this.

Angie

7 comments:

Blessings from Cindy said...

This turned out really nice! It is really set off with the buttons & stitching. You did a wonderful job! Teresa does beautiful work; I just went over & visited. I did very little stitching, except for a few tiny cross stitch & two shirts for my hubby when it was so popular to do the chambray shirts with embroidery work. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Cindy

stregata said...

This is lovely - it kinda pulls the heart strings...

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hi Angie, I am loving that Sweet "Hope Floats" also catching up on many of your posts, I am finally back online, 3 months without a computer at the house was tough, only blogging while at my daughters, but now I'm Back & Happy~ hope you will get a chance to stop by, I am Celebrating with a Give~Away....
Have a wonderful weekend
Cheryl

the old white house said...

I love this! I love making transfers too, they feel a bit like magic when you see the end result. This one is adorable.
t.xoxoxo

Dorthe said...

Dear Angie, so sweet with the button balloons-love it.
Do you know that it again is impossible to comment on your blog, using internet explorer---blogspot comes up with a blank/white page, without any explanations-the same happened at The Feathered nest- and others ,started yesterday.I can see now that Dawn changes the way of commenting-and that it is possible on her blog again.
Writing this I had to use Firefox! Maybe you already knows, but if not I thought I better tell you.
Hugs and a great week-end.
Dorthe

Dorthe said...

HI ANGIE-- GREAT ! NOW IT IS FUNKTIONING OK, AGAIN - THANKYOU, DEAR, I`M SURE MANY OTHERS HAVE HAD THE SAME TROUBLE, I HAVE ALREADY READ ABOUT IT ON MANY OTHER BLOGS... BUT WITH THIS POP UP- THERE IS NO PROBLEM COMMENTING.
HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING.
HUGS Dorthe

marie said...

Love this sweet image...."hope floats" and balloons...perfect together.
I think a sampler is an awesome idea...I love the ones set up as squares and then you stitch a square a day. Maybe a month of squares would be fun.
Teresa's sampler is beautiful!!