Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter Glittered Light Bulb Tutorial

 I know, I know, Christmas is past...but I have been thinking a lot about my mantle in the family room, it is oh-so bare since the decorations came down. I'm envisioning a winter, snowflake, frosty theme...but I don't have much in the way of winter snow decorations and I'm feeling cheap.

With that in mind I started gathering materials...
-burnt out C7 Bulbs
-white glue
-glitter in my favorite winter colors:
           Blue Jewel
           Sassy Silver
           Golden Silver
           Sparkling Snow
           Bridal
-wooden Laundry clips


 Place the bulb in the laundry clip, it will make it easier to hold and sets it upright to dry.
 Coat with a generous amount of white glue.
Sprinkle all over glitter, be sure to tap off the excess and look closely to find any spots that were missed.
Keep going until you are covered in glitter from head to toe.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with them, stringing them up with beads seems logical...but I have to admit I'm having a hard time not jumping ahead to make up a set of bulbs for Valentine's Day...St Patty's Day...Independence Day...Halloween...

Hello...my name is Angie and I'm a glitter-a-holic.

9 comments:

Karalee said...

What a great idea. You are so creative!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Glitter is good!!!! Love these.

April said...

So pretty and what a neat idea! Can't wait to see how you use them.

Dorthe said...

Hello glitter girl-- they looks gorgeous, and so winter frosty, sweet.
Happy glittering-- I love it too!
Hugs,Dorthe

Barbara Bruder said...

Angie, These are looking good. It will be interesting to see what project you add them to.Love this idea.

Laurel said...

I say glitter is good all year round! Great project.

Blessings from Cindy said...

I knew there was a reason I loved you; I'm a glitter~a~holic too!! I saw some at a craft show & they are really pretty. Stringing them would be cool! It is always hard for me to decorate after Christmas. This is a great idea, however I don't have any burned out lights to use! I needed to pick up some at the thrift store. Maybe next fall...Qooo they would be cool for Halloween too!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Tina Schiefer said...

Glitter. Glitter. Who has the glitter? YOU!!!!

I'm in the minority, but I did just use fine silver glitter in an ICE Resin project for CHA.... I may convert yet.... :-)

Be sure to post the "in-action" shots!!!! Inquiring eyes want to see.... Lol

Julie Z said...

Catching up on some of the blogs during the hop today & saw these adorable bulbs you did! Really neat idea & great post with the demo pics! You definitely will have to post pics when you decide how you want to use them in your final piece!