I am just so pleased with the end result. The process today used Staz-On ink and stamps to create the resist. On another day (one that is hopefully much warmer) we want to see the results using acrylic paint as the resist.
Carla and I finally took the leap and tried etching metal. We are spurred on by the fact that we will be doing this at our Altered States of Mind meeting in April, we wanted to make sure we could get good results.
The process we used was from Stephanie Lee's Book Semiprecious Salvage, there are some changes from the book and she has a post about it here.
(Click on the image to see the detail)
All my etched pieces are brass from a sheet I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I'm looking forward to antiquing the them to really bring out the etching.
(Update: Here they are antiqued, I used the Sophisticated Finishes- Metallic Darkener.)