Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finished, almost finished and getting started

It is interesting to have so many jewelry projects going on at once. Usually I just focus on one at a time (that's why I'm so slow). Sometimes though the littlest setback will cause me to leave a piece on the work table to rethink it a while, then some inspiration will come along in the form of a new book or magazine. It is just about time to wrap all these pieces for the art show next month. This is how my table looked last night before headed off to bed.

A finished butterfly necklace
These are still tickling the brain with ideas on how to make them into finished pieces...

This was the result of playing yesterday. I'm really enjoying the properties of translucent clay mixed with solid colors, then stamped. It is a bit of mystery knowing how the bead will look after being baked.
Lastly these are taking shape...random parts almost ready to be made into a series of mixed media necklaces. (as soon as I find my missing Dremel...ugh)

I have slowed down quite a bit on the house projects, perhaps I'm bogged down by the finishing touches or the money still needing to be spent. Not sure but it so not what I want to be doing right now. Luckily Bob gets used to this and he knows eventually I will get tired of looking at the unfinished projects and kick it into gear, but it will not be this week for sure.

Angie

7 comments:

MisfitGirl said...

That butterfly is beautiful. What is it crafted from?

Hopemore Studio said...

Lisa, The butterfly is a transfer on polymer clay. That technique is what I use on just about all my jewelry...stuck in a rut maybe???

Angie

Barbara Bruder said...

Love all your projects. The project of Mary & Jesus are really cool, would make a great pin. Great for 1st communion.

See you saturday.

Dorthe said...

Your necklace is so beautifull, and all the unfinished pieces ,are looking so special, I`m exited to see what you comes up with.
Hugs,Dorthe

Carla Trujillo said...

Bag the house projects and finish the pieces shown on the last photo!!!! Love to see how those turn out!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Oh, it's so hard for me to stay focused on one project - no matter what it is! I sometimes joke I have adult ADD. Maybe it's no joke! :-/

Just gorgeous - all of it! The beads are so cool. Did you finish the medallions? I'm dying to see how the mixed media necklaces turn out.

Tina Schiefer said...

If only we were neighbors...we could trade off house projects
and THEN get side-tracked with creating art!!!

Keep up the beautiful work!