Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LOST creatures

I have only one show I am devoted to...thanks to my darling sister...it is LOST. Until last night it had been all new episodes of the final season...I had the TV on and snacks ready but I needed to deal with the disappointment of learning last nights show was a repeat, so I grabbed my baggie of scrap clay and played around. I didn't mean to make heads but that is what I came up with. After baking them and adding some paint I fashioned one with a body from metal clipped from the bathroom repair project (I'm feverishly trying to get it done).

Afterward my guy seemed a bit familiar but I couldn't figure out why until I remembered this movie... an old favorite.

Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas
Here is the rest of the clan...

Angie



5 comments:

Tulip said...

gee, to which sister do you attribute your devotion to LOST?? (hmmm, I wonder?) Cute 'bead heads'

MisfitGirl said...

Hee. Even before I scrolled down I thought "that's very Tim Burtonesque!". Love em. I am usually an episode behind so I got all panicky when I saw my dvr had not recorded Tues episode, ahhh alas no new episode :-(

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

Love your faces! Can't wait to see what you do with them.
Kim

Tina Schiefer said...

You know I love me some Nightmare!!!!

These are awesome!!!!! I love the head on the expanded metal body.

I had the privilege (sp?) of seeing a 3-4' Jack face bas relief being sculpted by a Disney artist a few years ago. I've been jonesin' for one like it ever since, for my NBC collection!

You're an artist after my own heart!!!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Angie! I'm a "reluctant" Lost fan as well. The show is so frustrating for me, but I feel like I've invested this much time following it these years, I have to stick with it. And, yes, I was a bit annoyed with last week's episode being a repeat . . . grrrrr . . .

I love your little "guy". So creative. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the "little heads". :o)