Monday, January 4, 2010

Lords are Leaping, Pipers are Piping and I need to Focus

Well somehow I lost a day. All I accomplished yesterday was work and sleep, though I do think the worst of this cold is behind me.

Day 10 is a digital art piece done by Stephanie Mealor Corder.
Day 11 by Molly is a combination of digital and paper art, ooooh ... glitter...sorry I got distracted.
Which brings me to a question...how do you focus???

You may have noticed I have several interests...there are times when I have so much in my head I'm sure I could be diagnosed with A.D.D. There are so many techniques available to us and I can't seem to stay on one path.

For instance, look at what I found while taking the kiddos to the library today. All I could think is oh, oh I really want to try this.
Now here is the shame I live with...I already have the tools...still in the original packaging. I started collecting them when working for trade at the stamp store. Barbara was so sweet and pulled out her tool kit and gave me a basic lesson in metal embossing. Here it sits...and it gets worse...
I really want to play with this...
and THIS....
I won't even take a picture of the mini crock pot I have for beeswax, and the clear caulk I have to make transfers...

Truthfully I have suffered my whole life with the inability to focus. At the age of 8 I remember being "tested" because I couldn't focus in school (really not as bad as it sounds). There are times in my life when I have been very focused. Usually with a goal in site I progress well, but every few years I slip back into old patterns. This is a strange time for me, I don't have a career but I work a lot, I am a mom but the kids are in school. I love that I have the space to craft and experiment but since my free time comes in bits and pieces I guess I don't even know what the goal is...yet.

So Focus is my one word for 2010.

Angie

2 comments:

Tulip said...

and isn't it funny that neither of us remembered that I wanted to learn how to make the 5 pointed star while I was home for Christmas... and yet I'm still unlearned (ugh)

Unknown said...

Focus is a good word! Wish I had some, lol. i hope you will share what you make because it really does look intregueing. Thanks for stopping by :)
Blessings, Gerri