Thursday, January 28, 2010

Little Pixies

The new furnace is in and the house is warm...yippee! Being stuck in the house while it was installed did have some benefits today...the family got homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner and I got to play.

Made these pieces inspired by Stephanie Rubiano in The Art of Polymer Clay.

They are not perfect, the poor little girl lost her shoe when I was sanding. Also the wings are not stiff enough in my opinion, I think I would need to use sheet metal or maybe recycle an old tin container to cut the wings out of.
I've been reading a lot lately about the use of cold connection..screws, rivets or eyelets. I tried micro screws today...wow are they small and hard to hold.
These little ones measure about 2 inches tall, a nice size for a brooch if I added a pin to the back.
For now they will keep me company in my room while I work on other projects.
Angie

2 comments:

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Glad to hear your house is nice and warm and toasty. I just love your little pixies. They are so adorable. Boy, those screws are little. I bet I would have a hard time trying to manipulate those things!

Hopelessly Romantic Art Studio said...

these are soooooo cute!
blessings, Gerri