Friday, December 25, 2009

Two turtledoves and a great read for you crafty folks

Just look at this delightful ATC Sophia from Blue Chair Diary made, so bright and cheery. Two very loving turtle doves for sure.

I wanted to share this book given to me from Bob and the kids. I gave this poor husband of mine the unwanted task of finding a Christmas gift for me that I didn't pick out for myself. I know I made him feel guilty when I stated I would just love one gift that I didn't know was coming. Well he came through with flying colors when he picked out this book...Enchanted Adornments by Cynthia Thornton.

It is chock full of beautiful jewelry but between the pages Cynthia narrates a wonderful story of creating each piece on commission for a host of folk lore nymphs , fairies, and woodland creatures.

This by far is my most favorite of the 20 pieces .


The beginning of the book is full of techniques for polymer clay, precious metal clays, resin and other mediums. I will have to experiment and show you how it comes out.

Angie

4 comments:

MisfitGirl said...

I have that book on my wish list, it just looks too adorable to pass up.

Unknown said...

How sweet. What a treasure! I love that he found you something near and dear to your heart. What a treat! Enjoy creating. I cannot wait to see what you create.
I love the 2 turtle doves. So fun!
Xo,
Tammy

Tulip said...

Bob done good!

The Feathered Nest said...

The book looks just magical Angie!!! I saw it on Amazon and drooled over it ~ He did good, didn't he?? I hope your Christmas was wonderful sweet friend, xxoo, Dawn