Saturday, December 5, 2009

Reminiscing


Photo from Flickr
Maria was invited to a birthday party at a the local roller rink this afternoon, wow did that bring back memories. Although I can still skate I decided to pass on it today... no sense in getting hurt 3 weeks before Christmas...right? Plus with Maria being fairly new to skating I wanted to be flat on my feet to help out. We got her skates tied on and off she went-a-walking. I kept trying to emphasise the correct motion, but alas she needed to learn on her own. I find times like this frustrating, I know how to do it but I can't teach it to her all I can do is let her be. Two hours later she was so pleased with herself, she was getting around the rink pretty quickly and the skating motions were starting to come along.

It was so fun reminiscing with the other parents about all the Friday nights we would spend at the roller rinks, it feels like a whole lifetime ago.

Angie

3 comments:

Tulip said...

And did you explain to Miss Maria that we used to roller skate with metal skates on uneven brick sidewalks! That truly was a lifetime ago. Please tell me you have pics

Cathe Holden said...

Hi Angie,

You won my STUDIOS magazine giveaway!!!

Please send me your full shipping info and I'll get it right out to you. Congratulations, and thanks so much for your time visiting my blog.

Cathe Holden
cathe@justsomethingimade.com

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Oh, yes, the metal-wheeled skates! Remember that song "Brand New Key" by Melanie . . . "I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key . . . "

I loved skating when I was a kid!