Saturday, October 17, 2009

Altered Art Dolls

I joined Altered States of Mind (ASOM) at my local stamp store last month. These are the nicest group of ladies, they meet once a month to share and teach their art. Today my friend Carla taught a workshop that included art dolls, print making, and wire wrapped beads. My knowledge of art dolls was very limited until I met Carla, you can see her work here.

This is my creation today, she doesn't have a name but she represents Winter.
She started out as this:
She went through major surgery:
And came out like this.
The trim I chose was really long so I had to do some extending to her legs, but otherwise she was a very good patient.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Ooo, she turned out so cute. What a fun workshop that must have been. What are the snowflakes on her dress made from? Paper punches?

Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, I took the snowflakes off one of last years Christmas cards, I can't waste anything! It was cream colored and flocked, I added a little color with tattered angels glimmer mist.

This whole project was out of my realm for sure. I'm glad I got the chance to try something new. Thanks for posting!