Thursday, October 15, 2009

Future Artist

A day home sick can get pretty boring so Miss Maria wandered into my workspace today looking for something to do. She loves to go through my scraps and embellishments to see what she can make. Today it included a Halloween card. Here she is very hard at work.
This was the finished card for her friend Sarah. She used her own stamps to make the cat and mummy heads for the front.
This is on the flip side.
While she worked she started asking me about what college will be like and what kind of classes she could take. While I know it's all over her head at 7 years of age, I explained that you have to take a bunch of classes to be be well rounded but you also get to take a lot of classes in whatever your interested in being when you grow up. I get a kick out of the fact she understands college is a step we expect her to take.

I needed to work my part time job this evening after Bob got home. When I got back the kids were in bed, and Bob handed me this :
Maria wrote this note and asked him to keep to for her... she is so much fun.





3 comments:

marie said...

I love Maria's card and the note she wrote is so precious. She will love seeing that when she turns 25. It'll be fun for all of you to see where she's at in 18 years.

Carla said...

Aww, how precious! That card is definitely a keeper to break-out when she's 25. Too cute!

Unknown said...

Awww, these are the little things I miss about the kids. I saw the mummy card on her page, but didn't know about the note (love it). I can't wait to come home over the holidays and catch up with all the kids! We haven't talked in a while, but I think I'll be home for Thanksgiving this year (YAY)